10 July 2006

nEw tHiNgS ...


MOVING OUT OF MY FLAT...

finally i got to put all my things in some boxes and leave the flat... it feels nice!!! I know it's God's time for NEW THINGS, and that always gets me excited...I know some people have really hard time with this, but I like it... I guess it has to do with me and the way God created me...since I was born that I'm moving :-)...it's true, I was born in the middle of the war in Angola and my parents had to escape to other town...then we had to move from that one to the capital so we could go back to Portugal...my mom said I slept in a closet on that time coz we were all (5 of us and one cousin) in one bedroom...so the closet was probably the most comffy place that they found :-)...then for the first year in Portugal I guess we were in different places, from an hotel to my grandma's house and finally getting to the flat in Porto where I grew up...so, I guess my traveling nature began early ... I love it now :-)... for the last 10 years I've been moving around between Northern Europe, India, Angola and ocasional trips to Cape Verde and Brazil...
it's even hard for me now to settle in one place for long time :-) ...
I feel good now with only my back pack !!! It's so relieving as well not to have much things...
Even my name, Barbara, means "foreign in the land", so I guess it makes sense :-)...
I went with Juran to the land (i mention it on a previous post, in May I guess) and dropped all my stuff there... and it's not because Yves and Regina have a big storing place, but because I'm moving there in October when I'm back from my trips :-)
Yes, I've been praying for a while (since April) about where God wanted me to go, coz I felt my time in Lisbon was coming to an end... This was also due to the move of the Borden's back to Africa... Not that I was in Lisbon because of them, but they were the ones giving me the most spiritual support, backing me up in all that I was doing here in the city... I don't wanna speak much about that now, but that was a big shake for me, and I realized NEW THINGS were about to come...

So, after some struggling, puzzled with what God might have for me, I finally felt it was time to leave Lisbon and move to the country side... this was actually a dream from long time ago :-)... but I never thought it would be so early :-)... I was speaking with God one of those days and I sounded like a child saying " Is this really true ? Can I go to the country side already? Is this the time?" I couldn't believe myself... I always thought I had to spend more time in the city, coz that's where people are, and then go to the country side... But it seams that God has a different point of view... And I even think I will have more opportunities to be with those God wants to reach in a country side setting than in a city one... people are too busy and stressed in the city, with little time to stop, listen and feel... Well, but we'll see...I'm trusting God knows what He does :-)
What else can we do?!! :-)
It was really nice to be at the farm and help a bit Yves and Regina...There's a lot to do now, speacially because they are most probably getting another land together with both of their parents and have horses :-)... But I'll speak about that later as well...another post so this one doesn't get too long...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Barbara I am really happy for you* Festivals, moving out, this piece of land. Sounds just like you are in the center of where you should be. Looking forward to meeting you!!!!
Love, Rebecca***

Henna Hippie Mama said...

your nickname from me shall be butterfly. I say this for two reasons.... when I hear your stories and get that sense of your personality and a small piece of who you are, your spirit, and how you live...it's like a butterfly. You fly about where you are guided to go. You grab ahold of the nectar and share it amoung those around you. God's path for you is full of mystery and excitement.

The image I get when I close my eyes, is a dancing butterfly....free to fly in God's playground that is full of beauty and grace...fly free butterfly.