03 December 2006

MeEtInG tHe cHuRcH iN pOvOa dA AtALaiA...


There were 2 things I felt God told me before I came to this land...
One was to meet the church that gathers in that place, and the other was to meet the legal authorities of the village, in this case, the president ...
So, one sunday I went by myself to meet the church in a catholic building and participated in the mess... it's not realy my "style" of meeting, and there are few things I don't realy agree with, but it was ok the message... it's actually hard for me to participate in this kind of "institutional" settings, but I'm just obbeying what God put in my heart, and I trust He will do something with it :-) in the end I went to greet the priest and wanted to present myself, but he was too busy and in a hurry to go somewhere else, so I spoke with the only young girl there... she was glad to meet me I guess... actually, maybe 95% of the people on that building had more then 50 years old, and maybe 80% were widows...
I asked for the young people of the village, but she said they don't care much about "church"... it didn't surprise me !!! But she told me where they hang out, so, we can go to them now :-)...
The week after that I met the President as well, coz I wanted to tell him about us and about the way that is not good for our vans to pass... I really liked him and he seamed very interested in what we will do with the community... in the end he asked me if it was me who went to the mess on sunday and he appreciated... he said he doesn't read the Bible, but He feels good when he goes to the mess... well, he appreciates we are christians, even though he seams a bit confused still :-)


Another sunday we went as a group... and it was really funny, because we took a "short cut" through the forest where we needed to take our shoes off to pass :-)
well, see the pictures :-)

Edi didn't want to take his shoes off, so he found another way :-)



And he proudly did it :-)

We thought there was only one "river" to cross...but we found out there was more ahead :-)

And more...

And more... well, it was also a great opportunity for Miri to win her fear of jumping :-) she did great !!!


After the mess we went to the cafe and spend some time speaking with old people, with each other, and playing some "kika"... For me, this sounds more like "church" ... :-)



After we met this guy, Bruno, who took us in his tractor to see his land, where he keeps his sheep and he also gave us some home made "Agua ardente" (strong alcoholic drink)... we had a nice time with him as well... he took us also to "The club" where the young people hang out, and he's gonna help us with his tractor to move things to the other land :-)...
It was a really nice day of fellowship with the village...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh uri!
tell juran i say hi!
love you baba!