08 November 2007

cReAtiOn iS gRoAniNg...


I felt a bit weird and silly yesterday morning...Well, I am sometimes :-)... But I happen to see myself ministering Jesus' forgiveness to my kitten Duma... she came with a little mouse and ate it right in front of me...Yuuuuck!!! it reminded me again of my morning birthday when Mischu showed up with a big dead bird in her mouth, ready to eat it right on my bed ...maybe that was her gift for me...Tsss, good intentions , but bad idea Mischu!!!


Something was wrong with both of these pictures... I love all of creation, but I cannot say like many would say : "well, that's their nature!!!"...
In the Bible we read: "We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption, the redemption of our bodies."... and before that it's written: "the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the FREEDOM and GLORY of the children of God."
So, Duma came yesterday morning with a dead mouse, and ate its fresh blood... the Bible also says that " the life of every creature is its blood... You must not eat the blood of any creature, because the life of every creature is its blood"...
Duma literally took that little's mouse life...Oh yes, we can say " but it's just a mouse" and again "it's just their nature"...

But the curious thing about all this was that Duma felt weird right after that and came to me with funny groanings... well, this is totally my interpretation ok?!! I don't really know cat's language :-)... but somehow I felt she was regretting what she just did... so I felt sorry for her and ministered Jesus' forgiveness on her (O.k, you can call me heretic...go ahead throw me the stones...), I hold her tightly, I told I love her and what I just said before, that one day we will all be redeemed and restored into real FREEDOM and GLORY...
Well, what should I do now with the flies that are destroying the olives and oranges?!! What about the hunters who are killing the sweet little rabits around the area?!! I have to confess that my desire this morning was to stone some of them :-/ ...
But aren't we all victims?!!! Aren't we all an example of the decaying creation ?!!!
Maybe I should pray for the flies and the hunters too... well, I'm already praying that God would protect all the animals here from the hunters and make them blind to miss all of them...eh, eh, eh...
I also don't want to use chemicals, or those "laboratory flies" that men invented to kill these flies... (by the way, if any of you know about any natural thing to keep away this olive flies, I would appreciate a comment)
And this is what men call "balance"... Pffff, I don't see any "balance" in all this...they're just alternatives...
True balance was gonne long ago... God didn't create any animal to kill others... and all you meat lovers, I'm sorry to tell you, but we were not created to eat animals as well... "Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so."
There was no death before we messed up and thought we could manage well without God and His balance in His perfect creation...
we all need redemption... we all need forgiveness...we all need to get back to the original creation...
we all need to be liberated from our bondages to decay...
We all need to be brought into the FREEDOM and GLORY Jesus came to promise us as children of God...
AND WE WILL ONE DAY !!!!
All creation is groaning... waiting... for us all to be revealed as children of the Most High God, The Creator...


6 comments:

matew said...

Hi, nice and kind style of writing about a (partially) sad topic ... thanx. Resurrection is the best promise God was able to give us in this world that's full of slow death!!

I'm currently moved with thougts alike to yours, esp. in seeing practical examples of resurrection (in any sense) that God lets us experience to keep up hope.

If you've something in your head that goes in that direction, I'd be glad to read. Blessings, sister!!

Mat

steve said...

i had this conversation with someone the other day, about not eating meat in the bible...the struggle i have with it is that we don't live in a world that is right anymore, that is what it was, not was it is, its like taking all your clothes off all the time to redeem the fact that man was made naked and it was the way we should be (with no shame) see it doesn't work, God killed the first animal to clothe and feed Adam and Eve in Genesis, so if God provides by hunting what are we to say??? (not sure) i am against hunting for sport but grew up on a small farm, we were self sustaining innward hippies (grin) but we grew lambs and rabbits to eat, not as sport? i struggle with saying not eating meat is biblical, cos i don't think it is provable by that text you quoted....

just airing thoughts as i process them. Praying for your fruit trees might work? He is the lord of all things!

Baba said...

just to add some more thoughts...and clear some things with Shteeb...eh,eh..
first, I eat meat myself...I'm not crazy about it, and I definitely don't agree with the way animals are raised to become food...but then, many vegetables have the same issue... I have no problems with raising animals on a farm for my sustenance either... travelling and being in many people's houses, I learn to eat everything that is given to me to eat (well, maybe not everything, but I try...I've even eaten ants and woodworms in Angola...eh, eh, not bad)...
and even Jesus gave fish to His disciples anyway...
what I was trying to say is that I don't agree with hunting for fun, ego or sports, and that is the issue with the hunters here...plus, there's an eagle's nest just next to the land which I wouldn't like to see destroyed :-( ...
About the verse I quoted, I believe that is the perfect will of God in creation...so, it was never an intention of God for us to kill anything to eat...and I believe (and that's only my opinion) that we'll not eat meet in heaven, coz death will exist no more!!!
the death of an animal was the first consequence of our sin...
as far as being naked, I actually love it when I'm with close friends :-) eh, eh...nothing sexual about that...it's one the most amazing experiences when we can be naked before friends without feeling any sin or shame from anyone :-) It makes me feel like a child :-)... Ups, I hope I didn't say too much publicly... :-)...
O.k, so far for my thoughts, I'll go to sleep now...I'm tired, so maybe I can have clearer thoughts when I'm more fresh...
good night!!!

steve said...

lol....quick posting there..

We are agreed on so many things at least about farming and such.

Being naked is the boldest statement of intimacy, i'm not against being naked as i was born that way but think its an issue of context or appropriateness, being on a beach in swimwear is right, being at work in the same wear is not, some of this soceity, some peoples ideas about dress code.

i think that kind of imtimacy (nakedness not sex) is for marriage, it adds to the bond of love, you are not your own, you are your lovers, and them you, so to share all of that with others (even if close friends) doesn't seem right to my heart/brain.

The same can be said of God, we give to God like we do no-one else, we reserve ourselves for him, even though we give much from our hearts and bodies for others...

though

maybe i'm just old fashioned!

:oP

Baba said...

o.k, I didn't know my thoughts would create such a conversation...and maybe I already wrote more than I should :-/...but it's good to think about these things,so I just want to add a little thing more...
What I was speaking was more of THINGS TO COME...
and I'd like my mind and heart to reach for that...
I guess all we can do now is having our own opinions and impressions...and with our sinful and limited minds, I guess we'll never have a full grasp of what is awaiting us... we can have glimpses though...we do groan for something that is not...we have faith and hope...
I do wait and long for a better world, as it was, with no death, no poverty, no hunger, no sickness, no tears, no loneliness, no injustice...even though I see it everywhere, I will still hope for the end of it all...
faith and hope, that's what I want to keep :-)
in the end what will remain will be LOVE...a LOVE we cannot fully grasp yet ...
but surelly God gives us glimpses of it, and I want to pursue it ... :-)
PEACE

steve said...

he he he

:o)

We see in part, then we shall see in full, out longing is to see what we will see start to affect and grow in the life that we live in, this after all is the Gospel, the kingdom of Heaven is at hand...we can reach out and grab it, smell it, touch it, let it affect us, the beauty of God's heaven filtering down to this land that all may see just how glorius He is even in times of trouble and pain.

These things are shown us in our hearts, in nature, in the lives of our friends...

we long for this, i long for this, i fight for this on behalf of those who don't know any better but need it all the same.

peace to you too

:o)