01 March 2008

gOiNg oUt 4 a wHiLe...aLgARvE & LiSbOn...


it's been almost 2 weeks since I left the land with Juran and Marcia to go to different places and visit different friends...
we went to Algarve first, in the south end of Portugal... we were invited by a group of young people we met before in different occasions to be with them and share a bit about living in community... it was amazing to see the unity, love and hospitality of those friends of the Body of Christ... And I felt really encouraged to see how a small group of young people were able to achieve what many "grown ups" are trying for ages here in Portugal... to get "denominations" united to seek God's presence and His kingdom... it was encouraging to hear a young guy saying openly that they are tired of "playing church" and comparing themselves with one another, instead of living for the Kingdom of God... and everyone were responding positively to that "cry" ...
After the weekend we went to stay with some dear friends Rodrigo and Zeza, and their children Rafa and Rania... it was a very pleasant time with very interesting conversations around the table... I got to see also other friends like Patricia and Abel, Liane and Nene...
It was refreshing to hear stories, to get updated with news and to receive warm and nice hugs :-)...

After that we went to Lisbon, Juran kept his way to Porto, while Marcia and me went to see our dear Hurst family and a lot of our friends who were at their house to see us too... it felt really good to be around them all and feel the warm family environment which fills that home... :-)
Marcia went to stay with her family and I went to Marty and Carey's house...They were out in Ericeira with other friends who came from USA and all parts of Europe to their usual annual gathering... It was nice to see some of the "Matrix" family there and I wanted to meet some other people there too,
like Sasa Flek and















Marek from Czech Republic, and Deb Hirsh whom I only knew by e.mail through my dear friend (and mom) Lisa Borden... I also end up meeting Sasa's wife (I'll not be able to spell her name, sorry), and me and the 3 Czechs end up having a nice relaxing friday afternoon, seating around a cafe table and
enjoying the view, power, beauty and sound of the amazing ocean while the sun was setting...
Anyway, it's so funny how lives interconnect in so many different ways, places and environments...
I end up hearing some of the discussions that took place there and it was good to realise how God is saying the same things everywhere... being simple...organic... living in community (or "communitas")... Alan Hirsch
was there to share some of his thoughts and most of the discussions were around his book "The forgotten ways"...
it was nice to see many other people I met before in some other places...

Now I'm here trying to do what I was supposed to do long time ago... checking my e.mails and go through them all...Pfffff... I've been avoiding that for too long now... but I better take the opportunity of being in a place with electricity to get over with this...I'm not so enthusiastic about it, but I don't want to see my mail box so full any longer...

I'm going back to the land with Marcia on sunday night :-) I can't wait to be back home...

2 comments:

steve said...

hello you...getting fresh wandering air in yourlungs!!!

missing the peace of the land and its people, say hello to Ton and Lukas for me.

much love

Nelly said...

So nice to see these photos from dear Lisbon, Baba. I miss her. I miss you.

You got to hang out with Deb! That makes me very happy.