11 January 2010

sNoW aT tHe MoUnT oF oAkS...

I wouldn't believe if I wouldn't see it...yes, all these pictures were taken yesterday and this morning...
I was making the trenches for the water to flow down the road cuz it has been raining quiet a lot and it's making some damages...
suddenly big flocks of snow started to fall and I was just marveling... I thought it would be like last year when it snowed for a while but soon the sun came out and it was all melted...so I tried to take as much pictures as I could, as it is so beautiful and special to see snow ...


I kept working as well...a good way to keep warm... when I realized I was getting a bit too wet... the snow kept falling all throughout the day and night...and now we have about 10cm high of snow on the ground... I had to make my way down to the kitchen this morning cuz the trees were all bent to the floor and blocked the way...
It's just beautiful to see... my only concern are the local farmers who have lots of things planted and the damages it might cause... I'm also hoping that birds and other wild life manage to get some food in this conditions...
Anyway, I'm not taking much longer here as my toes are getting freezed...

ok, here are some pictures with some comments:

I thought that was worth taking...I Could actually say there was snow...

But more was coming ...

I even made a little snow big foot man, while playing with Muxima throughing snow balls at her...she thought that was funny !!!

when I realized I was too wet to be working outside, I went in the bus, made some fire and read a nice book.. and the snow kept falling ...

This morning, as the sun was trying to rise :-), this was the beautiful view I had...

I had to make my way to the kitchen through the trees which were all bent to the ground so I could get through... there must be at least 10cm high of snow...

I was wowing all the time... so beautiful !!!
Poor olive trees, all bent down... I hope they do ok ...
I'm worried with Duma (the cat), she left in the night and didn't come back yet...she's not used to snow, so I'm hoping she's managing to deal with so much snow... :-/

so far the roofs are fine... except for the prayer shelter...yep, it collapsed :-(... one way to learn...green roofs need a really strong structure to hold on too... oh well, a good excuse to make something better to last longer...

eh, eh, eh...a good excuse not to use the car !!!

O.k, I might post some more later these days... now I better go to the bus and make some nice fire :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! nem parece a terra :)
é lindo mas nem quero imaginar o frio que deve estar aí! ainda bem que tens a salamandra no bus para te aquecer :)

frauke said...

jaja, lindo, lindo!
looks pretty much like here in berlin right now, exept the trees are high houses here and the animals are cars....
:-)
fun!
be hugged!
frauke