08 March 2007

"tHeY wiLL b caLLeD mIgHtY oAkS..."


First I would like to give thanks to all the responses by e.mail or posts in this blog about the land... I feel so encouraged and my heart is filled with thanksgiving to God ... He is already being glorified in all this and that's the best !!!

I got one e.mail today with this passage in Isaiah 61... and I had to laugh...
you know, this land is called "The mount of the oaks", and one day, thinking about this name, I was reminded of the same passage :-) ...
" They will be called mighty oaks,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor."
How cool is that !!!
How cool is God :-)

even the whole passage as you can read below, is pretty much about what God is doing here :-)
Isaiah 61

The Year of the LORD 's Favor

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners, [a]
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,

3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called mighty oaks,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins
and restore the places long devastated;
they will renew the ruined cities
that have been devastated for generations.

So far we have already around 5000 euros... and for those who didn't notice, there's a mistake in my last post, is not 50.000 meter square, but 5000... but yes, each meter square is 7 Euros ...
Thank you all !!!
Be blessed... Be encouraged, coz God is real !!! And He loves us much !!!!

No comments: