26 October 2007

GoD iS sO gEnErOuS...& hE uSeS gEnErOuS pEoPLe...


O.K, here we go...this is the second time I'm going to type this... last friday I was just uploading the last photo and Zaaap..everything was gone :-/ have no idea of what happen...but anyway, that doesn't stop me from writing it again...winning technology by patience and perseverance :-) eh, eh... specially coz I want to praise God in this post :-)...
so yes, God is generous...and He uses generous people... I was thinking about that on thursday during my trip from Porto to the Mount of Oaks in this beautiful car :-)... I still can't believe I actually have a car...
and right on time, coz now we'll be picking olives and had no way to carry them... not that this is exactly the kind of car anyone would carry olives in, but well, it will have to work :-)

Paulo, my brother in law gave me the car...just like that... he was about to sell it coz they didn't need it anymore and I just asked if we could use it for the olive picking...and he simply said " You want it?!! You keep it !!!"...
he even fixed something that was broken and made a complete washing up before he hand it to me... Paulo is an amazing person... This is just the way he is !!! And Edna, my sister as well... they are not only generous, but they are so hospitable with so many people that come and go through their house...actually, most of those who come here through Porto airport end up staying one or more days in their house...pretty handy actually :-)... and everyone gets impacted by their sympathy, hospitality and generosity...even though they have already 2 guys living with them, Nico from Angola and Juran from Italy, besides the 6 cats and 4 dogs :-) eh, eh... and they just had twins !!! don't try to picture !!!
So, I'm so thankful to get to know them... they've been a blessing to me in so many different times...
All this made me think about many other circumstances when God blessed me... and I'm only referring to material things, coz if I would mention all the others this would be a never ending post...I'm not even mentioning all the material blessings anyway...but I can't help but being in awe and thanksgiving for the things God has been allowing me to use...
like this laptop I'm using now and the mobile internet...I remember 2 years ago just saying in one e.mail that my communication was not so good coz the computer I was using was almost "dying"...a friend replied and said "why don't you share with your friends and raise some money to get a new one?!"...and he was the first one to give some money... I never thought about that...How could I just ask money to buy a new computer?!! well, but I did it...and in one week I had all the money... God is generous...and He uses generous people... What about the iPod that I'm charging now too?!! well, that was a funny one...I had a friend coming over and he had an iPod...I just thought in my mind..."Hmm, that would be great to have in the land"...believe me or not, next day I got a package from my sister... she was sending me her iPod..eh, eh...isn't that crazy ?!!! it took me almost a month to figure out how that works, but now it's a blessing in the land...our "sound system" !!! eh, eh...
Oh, o.k, the craziest story you might know already...how we got this land ...well, how God provided 30.000 Euros in 5 weeks...
All this is crazy for me... these are things that I never thought I could afford, and I never even dared to ask for... first because I don't have any savings account (saving what anyway), I don't have rich parents, and I never buy anything on credit...
But one thing I know from my Father in Heaven...He is generous...and He uses generous people... And I'm so thankful to all those who have been participating in my life through their money...people that believe I am supposed to be who I am, and do the things I do...
I'm living like this for almost 10 years now, and God has always been faithful... giving me even more than I could think I could ever have...
I remember one day when I was in Lisbon... Those were the "not so wealthy days" of my journey (well, not that much has changed now, eh, eh)...I was counting every cent to buy the essential food I needed... I was renting a room mainly because Byron and Lisa were supporting me every month... I remember as if it was today... I was coming out of the train, it was a hot summer day, and a desire just came to my mind : " it would be so good to have an ice-cream now" ... For me that was an "extra" need, and I couldn't afford then to have "extra" needs... I was not having a job, I was receiving money from people, so I shouldn't have more than the essencials... These were my thoughts then... and that's when God taught me a lesson..."- Go and buy an ice-cream for your own pleasure"... it was almost like a command...but then He started to minister to my heart... I'm not His slave...I'm His child and friend...and He likes to give good things to me...He loves satisfying my heart's desires...
I'm not having a job coz I just don't like working...I do work, but mostly volunteering... And I don't have a 9-5 job coz God told me He wants my full time...
So, I learned to be ok with that...but sometimes the pressures of society make me feel bad about it...
For some people it's even preferable and more secure to have a 9-5 job with a paycheck in the end of each month to do what they want with it... and that's ok , if it's ok for them...
As for me, I gave all my time to God and He gives me things and money for me to do what He wants, and also what I would like to do...
when Jesus said :" -...do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.", He meant it for real :-) ...

O.K, this is getting too long already...it went on a bit different direction than the one I wrote friday...maybe what God wanted ...eh, eh...

I just want to end up giving thanks again to all those who've been participating in my life...This is a lesson I learned with one of my fathers in faith, Marcos Azolin (already with the Father in Heaven now), when I was struggling about "living by faith" asking other people for money...he told me "- but you will not ask people for money, instead, you will give them a chance to participate in your life and what God is doing through your life... and that changed my perspective since then...

"I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles...you sent me aid more than once when I was in need.
Not that I desire your gifts; what I desire is that more be credited to your account. I have received full payment and have more than enough. I am amply supplied, now that I have received... the gifts you sent.
They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God.
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen."
(Philipians4:11-20)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh baba! that is a good line... "I'm not his slave, I'm his child and friend." i'm going to keep that one!

it's 10:25pm here and, as you know, that feels like 2am in Africa. i better go to bed.

love you.

Anonymous said...

nice one mate, does this mean you don't need that van anymore????

i see a familar view on your laptop screen...i've seen that one someone elses laptop lately...can't think who!

Unknown said...

Nao tens ideia como este post me ajudou neste momento. Graças a Deus por ti, porque es uma verdadeira filha e amiga de Deus!

Nuno said...

Barbarela,

Muitos parabéns da Família Soares: Sara, Nuno e Joana. que Deus continue a operar poderosamente na tua vida como tem feito até agora. Que te proteja do mal e te dê tudo o que necessitas física e espiritualmente. Aquele Kandando.

Anonymous said...

baba...
i love seeing God in your life!
we are meant to surrender and trust God so much more than most of us are willing. I LOVE YOU! AND I MISS YOU!
may God continue to bless you and give you joy!
He is faithful and will always be with us! i loVE it!
thanks for being my sister. it sucks to be away from family this long!