18 April 2010

tHe sHacK...


what an amazing book !!! I just finished this morning and I'm still so thrilled about it all... I highly recommend it ...lots of deep insights given with a nice sense of humour... you can check it out here on "the Shack" 's website.
It will definitely break down all your pre-conceived stereotype images you may have of God... :-)


Let me share just a little part that stood out to me, to give you a little taste :
(one of the many conversations between Mack, the main character, and Jesus)


" (Jesus) "Mack, the world system is what it is. Institutions, systems, ideologies, and all the vain, futile efforts of humanity that go with them are everywhere, and interaction with all of it is unavoidable.
But I can give you freedom to overcome any system of power in which you find yourself, be it religious, economic, social, or political. You will grow in the freedom to be inside or outside all kinds of systems and to move freely between and among them. Together, you and I can be in it and not of it."

(Mack) "But so many of the people I care about seem to be both in it and of it!" Mack was thinking of his friends, church people who expressed love to him and his family. He knew they loved Jesus, but were also sold out to religious activity and patriotism.

"Mack, I love them. And you wrongly judge many of them. For those who are both in it and of it, we must find ways to love and serve them, don't you think?" asked Jesus. "Remember, the people who know me are the ones who are free to live and love without any agenda."

" Is that what it means to be a Christian?" It sounded kind of stupid as Mack said it, but it was how he was trying to sum everything up in his mind.

"Who said anything about being a Christian? I am not a Christian."

The idea struck Mack as odd and unexpected and he couldn't keep himself from grinning. " No, I suppose you aren't."

" Those who love me come from every system that exists. They are Buddhists or Mormons, Baptists or Muslims, Democrats, Republicans and many who don't vote or are not part of any sunday morning or religious institutions. I have followers who were murderers and many who were self-righteous. Some are bankers and bookies, Americans and Iraquis, Jews and Palestinians. I have no desire to make them Christian, but I do want to join them in their transformation into sons and daughters of my Papa, into my brothers and sisters, into my Beloved."

"Does that mean", asked Mack, "that all roads will lead to you?"

"Not al all," smiled Jesus as he reached for the door handle to the shop. : Most roads don't lead anywhere. What it does mean is that I will travel any road to find you."........"


Wow...Isn't that a brilliant conversation?!!! it's something God has been showing me the last few years of my journey...

But I will not share much more... try to get a hold of this book...
If not more, it will for sure make you desire to be in the presence of God, have a wee chat and maybe a cup' a tea with Him, or Her, or Them ...eh, eh, eh ...Isn't God mind blowing !!!
:-)...

2 comments:

The Winters said...

sim senhora! o livro parece ser bonito. devo comprá-lo. então menina, quando vamos vé-nos? beijinhos grandes. memphis xxx

Baba said...

I actually thought you would like it...