12 April 2010

oNe mOrE suCceSsfUl PErMaCuLtUrE cOuRsE ...


we finished one more successful permaculture course at the land... with 13 participants, most of them Portuguese (which made me really glad), few Germans, one Dutch and a "multicultural" one (eh, eh, hard to define, but basically he's born in Holand, lives in Portugal for more than 10 years and his parents are both from America)... that's Chris Uhler for those who know, he's part of the "house" already...and he was also the youngest of the participants... It was a pleasure to know all of them... and it was a pleasure to spend some time again with Lesley who is such a delight... Most of the people who came were new for me, so it was nice to get to know them... all such beautiful people...
Marcia also came from Lisbon to help me and Lyna in the kitchen, and as she said, it was so nice to spend this time with
like-minded people, even though all different and unique in our own ways... it was soooo nice to be with Marcia again... I miss her so much...




I 've been wanting to post for long time, cuz the course actually finished on the 28th of March, 2 weeks from now... but I was totally exhausted and I didn't really feel much enthusiastic about being in front of a computer, even though I spent lots of time speaking about all the experiences and the ones I got to meet...
most people left the land on monday the 29th, and a couple, Gualter and Silvia with their baby Violeta, stayed with us till the following friday...
Nolan also came back after spending 2 weeks with his father and grandmother in Algarve... me and obviously Lyna missed him so much and it was nice to have him and Violeta together for few days... Lyna was a bit shocked with the new hair cut that Nolan came with , so she gave it a little "touch"... as far as we know a lady in Algarve was just going to cut "a bit" in front and ended up almost shaving all his hair... I like Lyna's "touch" actually...anyway, he will always be cute, no matter how he looks !!! :-)

On saturday I came to the north of Ireland, from where I'm writing at the moment, to take some rest and also to be with Emma and her family... It's been a lovely time so far, and today "brother Tom" arrived from Scotland and he will be around till saturday... I leave on thursday early morning though... I've already had a nice conversation as soon as he arrived... he has just started a community garden with his neighbourhood in the suburbs of Edinburgh (a place that sounds pretty "rough"), and he's totally excited about it... I am excited myself just from listening about it... it's like seeing the potential of a seed that has just being planted... can't wait for the follow up of the next years to come...

OK, I think I had enough for today...just "warming up"...eh, eh... but tomorrow I want to take more time to write about the week of the permaculture course on the Mount of Oaks blog ... so , just pop by soon if you're interested...


No comments: