07 September 2006

sEa oF gAliLeE…

We arrived at night with some people from the “Sulha” gathering… I didn’t really know where we were, only that we’ve passed Capernaum and Betsaida, and we were at the Sea of Galilee…
Even though we couldn’t see much in the night I kinda suspected that the beach was dirty… the smell was not one of the bests…As I woke up, these were my first pictures of the place…


I got really annoyed and sad… How could people just leave all this trash behind?!! How could people even enjoy the place with so much trash around?!! I was going for a walk to have my time alone with God, and all I could see was trash… I felt that was the kind of worship God wanted me to offer Him that morning… to clean the trash…
Of course I couldn’t clean the whole beach, but I wanted to do as much as I could…later on the day some of the others were collecting trash as well, and the father of one of the Israeli girls who live nearby, came with his car and took some of the trash out of there…


The girl who lives there said that unfortunately it’s everywhere like that, except the private beaches where you have to pay to get in (ridiculous)…
Inside me I was thinking what was that reflecting… maybe a lack of care from people for their own land… maybe a lack of self esteem…maybe a lack of a sense that that is theirs… I don’t know, God was speaking to me different things as I was picking up trash…
We spent the day there with our new friends from the “Sulha”, mostly “rainbow” people… The sea was amazing…well, it’s really a lake ☺…the water was excellent and we had lots of fun in the water…
it was the best place to be with such strong sun… we all tried to walk on the water, but it didn’t really work as well as Peter☺

around 5pm a strong wind started to blow and the lake actually started to look like a sea…there were constant waves coming and going… big fun !!!
We had nice conversations with people there and the most impacting for me was with Asher, when he said that he was really impacted by our group…he said that, as we all came in the first time he felt something different in us…he got impressed by our unity and love… he also said we carried a “light” Spirit, coz he usually feel a lot of “heaviness” in all the spiritual stuff here in Israel… he’s not religious himself, but the whole atmosphere here is …
he also said he was reading the New Testament and that we seamed like the first disciples of Christ… Wow, that was the best compliment we could hear !!!
I told him that was the whole idea of us travelling together… to be more like the early Christians, not religious, keeping the simplicity of being a family ☺, carrying God’s Love to others and serving those we can serve on the way…
In the evening we went to Jerusalem to our friend Ibrahim ☺, we were on the other side of Tiberias and we drove through the river Jordan Valley and entered through Jericho… Maren, Judith and Hanne took a bus coz we couldn’t fit 9 of us in the “miracle” van…


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey baba,

I love to read ur blog and getting refreshed everytime :-)
Tirza and Robby are on the way :-)
got a sms from edna: hope she could contact u...I´ll right more next days...love and hugs to everyone from me...sista.simone

Tom said...

Brilliant!
Wishing I could be there, but glad yous are!
lots of love,
Tom

Anonymous said...

I also wish to be there and I'm also glad U are. The experience of seeing the places we read on the BibLe must be great, but for me the experience of living like the first christians it's even greater. That guy's complement uuaaah!!! Hope U continue to let God's Love an Live be seen in U...

Love U and miss U but no in a sad way, cause we're connected in Christ

I'm praying for you and everyone with you, and peploe you met along in the way.

One love
One blood
One life
You got to do what you should
One life
With each other
Sisters
Brothers
One life
But we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other

One...life

Jenelle said...

i am so proud of you that you are who you are, where you are, in Jesus' name! i'm @ IHOP right now, in kansas city, and we've been praying for israel like crazy! loving you...cheering you on...nelly

Anonymous said...

oh i love you too baba,
sounds like you are doing well and i am so glad that God is using you guys. he is always using you.
well when do you go back to PT?
all for now!
jesse