21 September 2007

LoOkiNg a Bit bAcK...


well, I just had more things to share about the prayer week and some very amazing people who were at the land...I'll just post some pictures and write some comments... Yes Whitney, I did have pictures of the "Prayer wood", but I didn't have more battery last time when I wrote about it...so here goes now...


this was in the prayer wood...by the way, now it became a permanent prayer spot for those who desire some retreat place in the land...very shantii...

This was when Bart left us...Emma and her wee presents...she always makes something for people...often they are like prayers, and very symbolic..that's our Emma !!!

On the same day Anne left as well after so many months here... it was a great time to have her here and get to know her beautiful heart...

Here is Clemens and Kata when we went to the local party in Castelo Novo....it was fun !!!

Nanette, Bernard, Ernsti and Isa ... they are such great people...all of them...I really enjoyed all the time with them...they are those kind of people that are so easy to love...really !!!

They made lots of things in the land as well...one of them was cleaning our drinking water spring...here are Isa and Ernsti filling some bottles to take up to the kitchen...

They also extended the cover to collect wood for winter...and they left the woods much more cleaner :-) !!!

They are so hard workers...well, they are activists...they can't help it I guess :-) !!! I even had to make some rules while they were here...
I almost force them to enjoy siesta after lunch and stop working under the hot sun...Of course I'm just kidding about "rules", but in the end I guess they were starting to learn some more about rest :-) !!!
Shantii, Shantii... it's a word everyone have to learn here :-) ...


But they were having fun as well...they discovered this little river "pool" near Castelo Novo and we had some nice times there too...

And Bernard got to make some of his inventions work :-) Look at his face here...like a kid !!!

speaking about beeing like a child...eh, eh, this is the sign you can find on the road to Alpedrinha...I just found it when I was walking with Emma to meet the rest at the river... blow the trompet little bear !!! or beer ?!!! (this joke is for Jonathan :-) ...)

Nanette and Lucy with the kitties... I really have to be careful to check the bags of those who leave...everyone wants to take them :-/ ... it was really nice to get to know Lucy as well...what a funny character :-) , and beautiful heart !!!

and Marcia also came back for one more week...soooo cool !!! I really love Marcia...my sister from Lisbon...I guess we know each other for more than 5 years already...but we're getting closer and closer... she's an amazing woman and very good friend !!!

O.K, I just finish leaving you some beautiful picture of the land...

The first sunflowers blooming... with the beautiful yellow fields in the mountains of Gardunha behind !!!

Enjoy !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing, Baba? When u walk in God's plan, He brings such amazing people your way! I cried as I looked at the pics on ur blog... God is doing all He promised and more.
Thanks for being such a huge blessing to our girls & allowing God to create a place for so much to happen... it takes people like you.
Can't wait to see u again...
Maureen

zarah said...

could you send me some info on this place? I'd love to find out more ;)
thanks and God bless u