11 November 2008

gEt rEadY fOr lOtS oF nEwS...


O.k, you probably noticed that I've been rubbish in what comes to update my blog :-/ sorry about that !!! so, I'll start from the latest one and go as far as the last post goes ... veeeeeery far !!!
You might have noticed in this picture that my car doesn't look soooo good... well, I had an accident on the high way...I was coming from Porto, where I took Emma to the airport, and it was around midnight...I suddenly lost control of the steering wheel, thank God I was not going fast cuz, besides being supper foggy, I was already sensing the car was not in such good conditions... I was praying already, so there must have been some angels around the car at that time...I don't know how I got to deviate from the right barriers, then went to the left ones, then spun, and stopped turning backwards on the fast lane..wow (Emma would say)...
I 'm glad I'm not one of those dramatic persons that gets over panicked :-) I was calm all the time...
After the car stopped I stayed inside still thinking what would be the next thing to do... maybe call somebody...I was looking for my mobile which was over my lap, but I couldn't find it...actually, all my things inside were out of place...no wonder...I went out of the car to look for the mobile phone underneath the seat, but still didn't find it...
I waited a bit more, thinking what to do...Hmmm, I had my lights off, maybe it would be a good idea to check if I could turn them on...I was parked on the fast lane...great !!! Lights were ok... "Maybe the car still runs" I thought... and it did...
Cool !!!! I turned on the car and kept driving with the hazard lights on... the car was working, wow !!! I still drove about 15 km , trying to get to the next gas station...but it was not feeling so good...so I pulled over and waited a bit more, thinking what to do... I got off the car, put on my "cool" fluorescent vest, and found the mobile phone, in the back, behind my seat...
I didn't know which number to call for the high way assistance, so I thought about calling Emma first cuz I knew it was about that time she would get home after a whole day travelling... and it was just about the time she was getting in home... I told her about it and asked for prayer...after I hung off , the High-way Assistance Car came by... perfect timing !!!
O.k, I explained the guy what happened...he asked me if I had Assistance with my insurance...I checked...I had, so I called them to send a tow car...I waited till it came...then I waited again till the taxi came... I had to go to the land on a taxi...that was funny...I was maybe 200 Km far ...so I arrived around 5am... had a nice conversation with the taxi driver who was curious to visit the land one day :-)
Anyway, I didn't got any damage, thank God !!!... but the car is now in a garage in Povoa de Atalaia and today I'm gonna figure out how much the repair will cost... It doesn't look so bad, but there's lots of things on the outside to be replaced... so, I guess it will be a bit expensive... If anyone would like help on that, I would be really thankful !!! Cuz the car is still useful in the land... let me know if you can help ...


Ok,CHANGING THE SUBJECT NOW...going a bit before that incident ... On the 1st of November I completed 34 years of my LIFE... Yes, I'm glad to be alive still...even though I don't mind dying ...really...when it comes it comes, I will be happy... so, If by any chance I go before you, don't forget to celebrate it ok ?!!! I mean it !!!
Anyway, I had a lovely time in Moses with Emma and the Winters (Andrew, Vonny, Joshua,Elouise, and of course Moses, the dog) ... An amazingly beautiful quiet place... Not many, but very good friends...all that I wished at that moment... we had lots of times laughing and goofing around the fire place... telling jokes and stories of all sorts... the wine was good as well :-) we drank quite a lot...
The next day was pretty relaxed as well... still around the fire... eating, chatting, sleeping, resting, painting... just what I needed... Wow, I Love Moses (the place)...Wow, I love Moses (the dog), Wow, I love the Winters (the family)...Wow, I love life... this was our main joke, making fun of Emma (not to speak about her Irish accent), cuz she loves everything, and everything deserves a good "Wow"... Wow, I love Emma... she spent almost a month at the land and it was so good for everyone of us... we all love her...and she's a missing part of this community...but it's not her time to come yet...

Andrew's rustic style wine opener ...well, Jesus's style...with his carpentry tools :-)...Vonny always wanted to marry a carpenter like Jesus...there you go !!! she met Andy :-)eh, eh... they told us their love story too...but I don't have permission to publish it here :-) but a beautiful one I would say :-) !!! I love you guys... I'm so thankful for this friendship....it's like we know each other for years... I like that...

How to pack a tent that sets up in 5 seconds...

well, it can definitely take more than half an hour... better do it by yourself than ask for help...2 people trying to interpret the instructions can lead to more confusion :-) eh, eh,eh... I just had fun watching !!! didn't help much either :-) but in the end they managed !!!

the toilet..."poo with a view"...and what a view !!! Isn't Moses beautiful !!!


the weekend before that we had a whole crew from Lisbon coming to help us START WITH THE OLIVE PICKING... we're nearly finished by the way... The Hurst's came, The Uhler's, the Farmer's kids, Jasmin and others kids ... it was a great time...and it was the first time that Marty and Carey came to visit Carly, their oldest daughter who came to stay for a year with us... I love her and I'm so thankful that she's here... she's so gentle, quiet and tender... and so gifted as well... she's amazing...I'm looking forward to get to know her better...I know already that she's an amazing person...

Carly and Jas...

Carey sorting out how to lay the nets :-)...

Me and Jas... It was so nice to be with her, pray with her...oh , and laugh with her... we literally laughed for more than 15 minutes...you know when you can't just stop :-) it was so fun !!! It has been long time since I laughed like that... I love Jasmin...she's such a dear sister !!!

Carly and one of her "babies"... she's been amazing in this last month taking care of 2 little puppies Ton found abandoned in the forest...she's learning lots about sacrificial love...and we 've been learning with her ...wow...she hardly slept the first weeks...waking up every 2 hours to feed them with sheep milk that she went to pick in our neighbours... wow, she's amazing !!!

here, with the one she's keeping for herself !!!


LETS GO TO ANOTHER SUBJECT NOW...
Just before olive picking we had with us an amazing group from Ywam Scotland... Tim who has been last year during the prayer week brought with him a funny group...at least by the names they would call themselves you will think they're funny... Ling-Ling, Din-Ding, Bo-Bo, Bug and Jeff (which was sometimes George as well) ... eh, eh,eh...
Now we use to remember them when we accidently hit our hanging pots...Ling-Ling, Ding-Ding...then we had the rest "Bo-Bo , Bug, Tim-Tim AND Jeff " ...
But they were not only fun... they came to serve us in many other different ways...
I remember many beautiful times in the morning at the prayer shelter... it's so nice when we feel like family with people we hardly know... It was nice to pray with them around the land, together with the ones who came from Lisbon for the olive harvest... we re-dedicated the land back to God, remembering His faithfulness and that He alone is the centre of this beautiful place...
they came to work hard as well... they started our washing dishes place, and cemented our floor in the kitchen...amazing work guys !!! they stayed for about 10 days... and it was such a blessing to have them around...and I 'm sure it was a blessing for them as well...

me, carly and Christian carrying stones on our "super car"...well, he's not so "super" at the moment as you know... it was useful !!!

ton, the "chef"... he went now to India to meet with some old friends, but will be back in December... he's our favourite cook ... as he says he's too old to carry stones !!! Thanks Ton !!!

"Bug" on the preparation of the floor for the "washing dishes place"... we need to give it a better name...like the "treasure island" for our junk shed...

Breaking the floor in the kitchen...me and Bug handled it !!! strong women !!! full power !!!

A little detail...Nonolito feels at home...:-) that's what it means when they lay down and relax... I love him...he's so sweet...and I miss karmit !!! :-/ I'm sure he misses her too...sometimes I sing one of her songs to him , and a tear falls from his eye :-(

Tim finishing the kitchen floor... great job brother Tim !!! and all the others of course who made the cement, even in the dark...

Jeff preparing the floor outside...

And... the floor is finished :-)

Fiiiu!!! And I finished with this post...
I hope I don't take so long to write next time... sorry about that... I also started my "winter" season... so is time to recluse and be more introspective... so , don't worry if I keep some silence .. I need that at the moment !!!

2 comments:

afisch said...

I am happy that you are alive :)

Anonymous said...

so many new things in the land! i hope to come around some time to see all the changes. we`d really like to come and visit, but it`s not so easy with the two little ones...
be blessed!!!
greetings and love from berlin!