18 April 2009

cOmiNg aNd gOinG...


O.k, I promised I'd be back to you soon, so here I am :-)...
day by day, we're less and less people on the land...signs of a new season :-)...
some go, others come...right after the permaculture course was finished, most of people left...
Chris, Amelie, baby Shiloh and Maren went to Holland on a rented car...Dane and Jillie went to Lisbon to spend Easter with Dane's family...Jared and Steffi went to Germany...
Me, Ton, Daniel and Emma were left, but not alone...

Brother Tom and Hanna arrived to stay for a week...Another Hanna, Ton's friend, from New Zealand also came to stay for a week...
The Borden´s, Byron, Lisa and Heather came on Tuesday, and Colin came next day with Christian from Lisbon... Only Jesse and Trevor were missing... It was nice to see them here, even though it was so short (2 days) and we all seemed so exhausted for different reasons...
Ulli and Juran also came for the weekend after, along with my sister Edna, with Pamela and the twins...
Like I said, some go , some come...
But soon, all these left as well...
I went to take Emma to Faro (south)...the initial plan was for her to visit Edna, Paulo and the kids there, but as Edna went to the land instead, I drove anyway...It was a long but nice journey and we end up in a nice place at the sea...Oh, how I miss the sea...
On the way back I slept in the middle of the journey cuz I was tired...it's nice to have this van and just park anywhere to sleep...
As I arrived, Juran was on his way to the mass with Ulli, so I went with them...it was nice...after we went to the land and I just had time to get to my house when suddenly I hear a voice calling : "Hello!!! Hello!!!"... I couldn't really discern the accent...I went outside and there was a man from the village together with Andrew Jones, whom I was expecting in a week... the man was trying to explain me that they couldn't get in the land with the bus they brought so I went with them to see... they were parked 10 minutes behind the land...
only when I saw the kind of "van" they were traveling with I understood why they were having so much trouble... :-)
It's huuuuuge... and beautiful...
It was so nice to see them all...Debbie, Andrew s wife, Sam, Elizabeth, Abigail, Hanna and Tamara...Yep, 7 of them ...tall and skinny :-)...
I'm having great times with them...It's nice to have a family around...and they are all characters...

Nono, joins the circus as well :-)
And as it has been raining all week, we're taking lots of time to rest, read, chat, play cards (lots of times), making crafts, specially Debbie, she got all excited to see our big bus full of fabrics , eh,eh, she 's great ...

Here's Debbie showing Abigail and Tamara how to make certain stitches on the beautiful vest she was making for Tamara...

But I still have more news...for other time...we seem to be "Good news"... you'll understand later...

No comments: