17 May 2007

mUcH wOrK tHeSe dAyS...


Pfff... I'm feeling tired these days!!! The sun is getting stronger and the plants bigger, so they need much more water... which means, much more buckets to carry (more than a 100 a day) :-/ Fiiiiiu !!! My muscles are getting stronger as well :-) !!! Look at that !!! eh, eh, eh... goophy me !!!
But things are getting really beautiful on the land :-)... here goes some pictures with sub-titles...


I'm missing Miri here :-/ ... I saw her last time in Porto as I came from the weekend in Germany... she'll be out for 3 weeks or more, she doesn't really know...but she will go back for sure to finish her driving lisence :-) she'll probably stay in Germany for the G8 protests...How I wish to go to... most of "da famaly" will be there... pray for these guys during these days... A lot of "Jesus Freaks"/Germany and the "Speak" network/UK will be together there as "angels" of peace... they'll be hosting an area in the activist campsite for respite, prayer and reflection and taking part in various campaign actions. Check the Speak web site for more details...
This is Bruno explaining me how to work with the water motor...so cool !!! Now it's much easier to water the potatoes and onions, and me and Willi are preparing a little plan to take the water down for the veggie garden and the new trees...

Look how our "dolls' garden" is... that's what our neighboors call it... Oh well, I can't plant much than this for now... too much work already...with the water system maybe we can plant more :-)


We've already eaten our own lettuce :-) Yammy !!! Oh and the "radies" are gonne already...they were good !!! our first fruits!!!
It's so nice to watch things grow and then taste it...

And the green peas are getting ready as well... so sweet !!!

The Cherry season has started too ... wow, they're soooo good !!! If you want to come and work there are a lot of people around who have big fields and need workers :-) ... It can be a good experience... the season goes till the end of June I guess !!!


I've also find some interesting animals lately ...
like few snakes swiming in the smaller pond... But they're not poisonous, so it's ok, maybe they kill some of the frogs to keep it balanced !!! :-)

I also found in the big pond this sweet turtle... so cool !!! I thought I saw it before, last year, but I was not sure if it was a turtle or a frog... I was so happy to see it...

And this is just one of the many frogs we have in both ponds... Nice music all night :-)

This is Michu again... having a nice nap as I was playing my guitar... At least I guess I'm not playing that bad... if she can sleep !!! eh, eh, eh...


And this last one you'll not be able to see it, but the part on the right is the "roof" of my hut in the woods, and on the left there's a considerable big foot print of a wild pig... Yes, they are around, and I was caught by surprise in the middle of the night with this strange and loud sound from the woods... I knew it could only be wild pigs, and they sounded like a big family...I didn't know what to do, and I was only afraid that they would not see the tent and would fall on me through the plastic "roof" ... Oh well, I could hear it just next to me on the other side of the plastic... I just prayed and I had a lighter in my hand wandering if I should light it or not... I had no idea what their reaction could be... so I did it... I lit the lighter and I kept hearing it smelling... after a while they went away... Pfffiu !!! Cool, now I know what to do next time :-)
I like that these animals are around... Makes life much more exciting !!! And it's nice that they can be around us :-)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

it´s great to see how everything is growing, thanks fore these photos.

i know how impressionant it is if there are wild pigs next to your sleeping place, your story remembers my on my own experience of that

jo babara, i whish you good work in the land

see you

Unknown said...

i love frogs and it seems they love the land :-)

is nice to see how everything is growing, a lot of work but a lot of fruits too ;-)

lisa said...

Oh it's good to see the land being blessed by your hard work. And how 'bout those muscles! Holy cow, girl! Has Paulo done anymore work on your arm or is it finished now?

Jesse will be at your place soon! It makes me happy to think at least one person in our family will be in your company for a little while this summer :-)

I am sitting under a nice tree, giving pleasant shade from the African sun. There are lots of birds and a rooster just went off. Charlotte is here at my feet. She seems to like Africa so far. It's good to see Heather climbing trees...

We miss you.