19 December 2007

oNe mOrE rAnDoM tHoUgHt...


I've been quiet and silent lately... wandering around in the depths of my thoughts and feelings... I love thinking... I love the beauty of seasons and rhythms and how we can appreciate every different one... it has been freezing here...literally, and two days ago the rain finally started to pour from heaven... perfect season for retreat and solitude... to let the hermit in me awake :-) and allow myself to give it some space...
So, here goes one more thought that just popped up in my mind now... about worship :


We don't worship God
because we need to,
nor because we need to get something from HIm,
if we worship like this,
we're worshipping
with the wrong motivation...
And also,
God doesn't
need our worship,
(even though some may say so),
He is God,
whether if He's worshipped
or not ...
But we should worship God
simply because He is Worthy,
and Him Alone !
Worship is not about
a meeting either,
is not about playing instruments
and singing songs...
these might be simply expressions sometimes...
Worship is a life style,
is a total surrender
to God's Lordship,
it's an offered sacrifice
of our whole lives,
ready to be burnt
by The Spirit on the altar...
it is to choose not to live
as the world commands,
but allowing God
to constantly renew our minds
before the acknowledgment
that He is Holy
in every single moment
of our lives...
This, for me,
is WORSHIP...


8 comments:

Unknown said...

que a minha adoração seja diária...

que o odor do meu sacrifício seja um perfume suave...

(keep sharing your thoughts, please)

Antonius said...

God.... He, Him, His,... I find this difficult. What do we we worship?
Something of our own making?
A He, a Him?

Antonius

Baba said...

mmm, I got what you mean Ton... sometimes I call God She... but I guess never a it.. anyway... it would be hard to write down all this details... and I don´t think God minds :-)
I used this terms maybe because I'm relating to Him (sorry I'll use this again) as a person, but I somehow know He's more than that...
But the same way He uses our language to communicate with us, the same way He came to reveal Himself as a man in Jesus...it's the same way I refer to Him with the language I know... and languages are so limited at the same time...

truth is that I don't really know God... in all my limitations... in His infinitude , in His eternity, in His Love, His essence...
But I know God IS who He IS... and this being, with no beginning and no end, that I cannot comprehend, reveals Himself to me in many different ways, and I cannot but worship Him, the one who gives me life... giving my whole life to Him as a living sacrifice... my worship... or I try to :-/ ...
I don't have a picture of God either , if He has one, it's definitely not fitting any of my human limited capabilities...
But when I see Jesus, I see the Father... I see Love, I see the Creator, I see justice, I see mercy, I see wisdom... and I know what I see is just a glimpse of who He really is...
I wanna be in constant awe in the fact that I don't really know Him, perceive Him nor understand Him...
Does it make sense?...

MARCIA : a tua vida é um aroma suave :-)... a tua vida é uma adoração diária... quanto mais te conheço , mais vejo isso em ti...Mmmm, como Deus se alegra e delicia !!!

Anonymous said...

hi barbara,
in the coming year, enjoy jesus fully and do not let anyone or anything eclipse him!
jah bless!!!

_patris JFX
www.patrisuv.blog.cz

Paula Dias Navarro said...

a tua foto parece um smile..
*S

Jenelle said...

you make me happy, baba

I love your thoughts. so much.

Anonymous said...

its amaizing on this photo you posted the birds make a face, like to eyes looking up and a smile :)
Thanks barbara that you are

Baba said...

Yah, the picture is a smile...isn't that amazing...?!!!
good shot... good timing...
but it's not mine...a cousin sent me by e.mail...
I liked it !!!
How many smiles God shows us in the sky that we don't even notice?!! ...mmmmmm :-)