19 February 2007

tReE cAmPaIgN & hOpE...


this is just a short post about the tree campaign and for all those who have been responding positively to it and even buying trees for this land...
We just received the information that the couple who bought initially this land want to sell it now... they went back to Belgium and don't want to be acountable anymore for the land...
So, they got an offer of 45.000 Euros from business people who want to make turism, and they gave us till 15th of March to pay the same if we want it...
So, this is just to let you know about the situation (I will spare details here) and ask for PRAYER , we do need discernment from God about all this...

I do have peace...it must be God :-)... Sometimes I wish I was furious and angry and shouting to God to make something, but I’m simply at peace and waiting for God to do a miracle, or opening a different door...
I feel broken though, and very little, coz I can’t do much more than waiting and praying ...

I still don’t have anything specific and clear from God, but I simply feel I should TRUST and keep going...
I can’t stop taking care of the plants and I still keep working at the house, so, in a way it’s like I can’t give up HOPE...
And I´m still willing to plant the trees people are buying :-)

be free to send your impressions if you get anything from God...
Thanks...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so good you are at peace. barbara you are always such an example to me of how to follow in the footsteps of jesus...and your peace makes me happy.
ill still come visit you this summer...wherever you end up being.
love yoU!

lisa said...

baba, you said "I feel broken, though, and very little..." i think these are beautiful words in the ears of God. somehow, he likes us so much when we recognize we are broken and little. the truth is that we ARE broken and little, but we don't see that very often. we are healed and big in him. so that's the truth too!

i feel broken and little when i think of the issues in Africa and what a network of friends can do about those. i feel healed and big when i remember it's God who will do it.

baba, i pray God opens the way before you. we love and miss you.